Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > SD card corrupted - need help restoring ...
SD card corrupted - need help restoring please

10088 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: 2024-03-27 04:20:41

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mvasltd
    2015-07-09 21:53:32
    Hi. I was updating the DS708 software in recent days, but had to upgrade to a bigger SD because it ran out of space. The original SD had been formatted after making the switch to the bigger drive, but the new SD became corrupted this evening and is now unrecognizable to windows and DS708.

So now, I've put in my original SD card, but I cannot even download anything files using the DS708 Update software.

Please help! I need to restore my SD card back to the factory settings.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-11 09:50:08 (Reply to:mvasltd)

every time a different sd card is used/swapped  it needs to be re-married to the tool on line before it will work again, at least that is how it was when I had the 708 a couple of years ago. there are tones of info here regarding this issues. for faster results you can type sd card or similar on the search bar above on the right side of this screen, good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mvasltd
    2015-07-12 22:08:25 (Reply to:ede65)
     Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, at this point, I need the factory files to reload on my SD card
    card.

Hoping that Autel tech support can provide a link for me, as they have for several others. I've emailed them, as well, and still waiting for a response.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-13 00:12:18 (Reply to:mvasltd)

If the DS 708 is able to boot  up and display some sort of menu , select "Setup/Help", select "About". Write down everything Program Version, Firmware version, Hardware Version, Product serial Number, and Register Password and save for reference.Get a new 16 GB Sandisk class3 or class 4 SD card. Email support with your predicament  with the information so they can verify you are within the 12 mo update period and they should be able to provide instructions.also check and be  sure your SD slot is clean on the DS and the USB port is undamaged on the PC the card reader is plugged into.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-20 19:03:27 (Reply to:mvasltd)

Have you resolved your problem? I made a backup of my  original DS 708 virgin 4GB software card before I even registered or updated it. the auto run date is 11/22/12 so it would be pretty dated.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    RichardDeVinney

2015-07-21 20:23:12

I also have a 708 that needs restored because the SD card is damaged..I sent autel support a request for restore file as my subscription has expired and I have yet to get a response..That was 3 days ago..

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mvasltd
    2015-07-22 13:13:57 (Reply to:RichardDeVinney)

I had an interesting situation. My card failed on July 8th. I scrambled to try to fix it all day on the 9th. When I realized it wasn't going to happen, I emailed tech support and posted the message here (above) the same evening of the 9th. Oh, yeah, and guess what? My 1-year subscription happened to be expiring on the 10th.

In short, the subscription expired, as others have alluded to – they use the east Asian timezone. I got screwed. So, I ended up calling Autel in New York. Some British dude answered and was not much help. Big surprise. Basically, he tried to up-sell me on the $699 USD 1-year update package. I told him I'd pass, since I could get a new unit for $1100 and sell this one once I copied the factory SD card onto this one. He used some lame scare tactic, to watch that it wasn't an Australian model. I told him that the one I bought direct from China last summer has worked fine for me.

Fortunately, a neighboring auto shop had an unregistered DS708 (purchased a year earlier than my unit) and lent it to me to copy the SD card if needed, but as it turned out, I actually had a backup file before my SD died that was stored on one of my PC's. What a break!! I restored everything, no thanks to Autel's help.

Having spent approximately $4000 in Autel tools over the years, I can't begin to express how greatly disappointed I was in their unwillingness to help on a date technicality.

They are truly a bush league company, IMO.

@ RichardDeVinney -- from seeing how quickly tech support replies here, if they haven't assisted you within one business day, chances are you will not be helped. Best of luck with your situation.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-23 01:02:11 (Reply to:RichardDeVinney)

Hi, kindly be noted that the software on the SD card of your device can only be downloaded via the registered ID to the S/N of the tool. If you have backup files then you can copy them to the new SD card for use again. The files we download here are not authorized to use in your device. Thanks! 

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    RichardDeVinney

2015-07-23 21:04:53 (Reply to:Autel Support)

This unit is registered to me if would would look at my account..There is no backup file and the SD card is junk. All I would like to do is restore this unit to it's factory state. Right now it is nothing more than a $2000 dollar paper weight! My account name is rich2759 and the unit info is DS006Q002890 Pass 618692....I sent an email last week and still have not heard Sh@t from any of you. Your customer service is lacking at best..And you guys need to get this crap under control!

richarddevinney@yahoo.com

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    RichardDeVinney

2015-07-23 21:14:06 (Reply to:mvasltd)

Yep! It's been over a week now and I haven't heard anything from them..I do not think I will be recommending any more of their equipment.
  Total3 Pages